Claudia Marcela Cuellar
Associate Lawyer – Specialist in Business Law
Claudia is a lawyer from Universidad del Rosario, has a specialization in Business Law from Universidad Externado de Colombia and a diploma in Corporate Compliance. She has been with the firm since 2017 and currently leads the coordination of the legal team.
Claudia has experience in:
– Incorporation of companies and registration of trademarks.
– Advice to identify the most efficient investment vehicle in Colombia.
– Structuring of international contracts
– Advising on foreign exchange law for the registration of investment, indebtedness and clearing accounts.
– Immigration advice for investors
– Tax concepts to structure business efficiently
– Labor advice, disciplinary processes, internal regulations, labor contracts, among others.
– Assistance in insolvency and corporate reorganization processes.
– Accompaniment in the purchase of Colombian companies.
Lawyer from Universidad del Rosario with emphasis in Commercial Law, Colombia (2017).
Academic exchange semester at the National Autonomous University of Mexico -UNAM-, Mexico City. (2014)
Specialization in Business Law at Universidad Externado, Colombia (2019).
She has been linked to the Firm since the beginning of 2017 and has focused on the practice areas of commercial, corporate, foreign exchange, tax, immigration and labor law. She was a member of the Research Line in Commercial Custom (2016) and the Intellectual Property Research Group (2016-2017) at Universidad del Rosario.
Publications and accreditations
Diploma in Corporate Compliance from Universidad de los Andes, Colombia (2020).
Course on Intellectual Property for the agricultural sector. Superintendence of Industry and Commerce (SIC). February – April 2017.
Distance learning course PCT: Introduction to the Patent Cooperation Treaty. World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). February 2017.
International Seminar on Environmental, Hydrocarbons and Mining Crimes in Colombia. Universidad del Rosario. November 2012.